Welcome to Rickmansworth Waterways Trust
First formed in 1991, we aim to excite and inform the community about the environment, history and heritage of the waterways, and to show how they can be enjoyed today.
We do this through five key areas:
- Education programmes: Learning at the Lock, which is for Primary School visits, and Under the Bridge, which enables young people to develop skills and gain experience.
- Rickmansworth Festival: We run the Festival which concludes 'Ricky Week' every year on the third weekend of May and attracts over 20,000 visitors.
- Batchworth Lock Canal Centre: Here you can find information, such as guide maps for walks; buy souvenirs from our shop; or visit the cafe at Lock 81.
- Canal Cruise: During the summer, we offer trips on our Pride of Batchworth from Batchworth Lock to Stockers Lock for up to 12 people.
- Roger: Our historic working boat, which we are in the process of conserving, and also plays an important role in our education programmes.
RWT on TV
Batchworth Lock Canal Centre
99 Church Street
Phone: 01923 778382
Office Mobile: 07875 393703
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our wider Community
The Trust is a member of
- Rickmansworth Chamber of Commerce
- National Historic Ships UK
- The Inland Waterways Association
- The Inland Waterways Heritage Network
- The Historic Narrow Boat Club
- The National Community Boats Association