Rickmansworth Waterways Trust is raising funds to build a new Education Centre at Batchworth Lock following approval of plans by Three Rivers District Council on 26th May 2017.
- It will include a classroom, an office, storage, a small kitchen and toilets for the use of the children, teachers and volunteers
- It will be a high quality single storey wooden construction
- It will have disabled access and provide an ideal environment for delivering Learning at the Lock and other education programmes for both adults and children.
- The Trust envisages that the proposed building will provide a facility that local groups and the general public can use
- The building will also incorporate a Canal & River Trust Welcome Centre
The documentation outlining our application is shown below: -