Why get involved?
To make a difference. There's something in it for everyone!
RWT is a really fine, and growing, Heritage Learning Charity. We do excellent work at the moment, and we already benefit a large number of people, young and old. And we're developing further.
The Trust is a voluntary organisation. We have one full-time member of staff, and everyone else donates their time without charge. Our volunteers take part in a great range of activities, some only one and others several. But we all get the same great feeling of something worthwhile.
How to get involved
Whatever your interest, there’s something at Batchworth for you to do, and enjoy doing, for the benefit of all the residents of the area. We've identified a range of roles, some short term, some lasting a few weeks, and some going on indefinitely. Some are flexible, so that you can take part when you can.
Our list of volunteering opportunities is here. It’s unlikely to be absolutely up to date, but you can see the sort of thing we do.
- We train boat crews and captains in driving "community boats" like ours, and can award nationally-recognised qualifications.
- Our work gives real opportunities to gain experience of a wide range ofskills, including first aid and working in a team.
- We can provide validation of time spent volunteering with us, so that itcounts to the national scheme "v-inspired".
- We can find a role for people with a wide range of interests andcapabilities.
- We will encourage our supporters to be "in charge" of the activities in which they take part.
- And most of all, we hope that this will be both different and fun!
Interested? Want to know more? Come and give it a try. The rewards are clear.
If one looks as if it suits you, or even to make a general enquiry about volunteering, contact our Volunteer Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, or via the Canal Centre.
But even if you don't see anything that appeals to you, ask. Whatever your age, wherever you live: you can make a real contribution to our work! Most of our volunteers also join the Trust as Friends, but that's not essential. You're welcome anyway.